Friday, April 30, 2010

Hot Women in Science Fiction

Trudy Chacon from Avatar



Even though the dialogue in this movie is about as generic as the plot (except for the creation of the Na'vi language), Trudy still stood up and saidNo when almost everybody else was saying Yes to slaughtering innocents just because it was orders.

That takes so much courage, worthy of admiration.

I've been thinking a lot about those kinds of situations lately. Sometimes, I wonder if I have the moral fiber to say no, when people should say no. I don't want to be that person. I don't want to be Amy Pond, overcome by so much fear that she became culpable for the sins of thousands before her. I don't want to be the entire classroom in The Chocolate War as Brother Leon bore down with staggering force against a small boy named Bailey. I want to be Jerry, before he agreed to stoop to their level. I want to be the Goober, who stopped playing football. I want to be Trudy, who defiantly took her finger off the trigger.

I don't know why all the good people always have to die.

No comments: